Has anyone else had this fear?

I'm 21 weeks pregnant with daughter #2. I had my first 10 years ago, so I feel like a "newbie" with this pregnancy. I just keep having random thoughts/dreams that I'm gonna go into labor super early, and Esme is going to be born extremely premature and won't survive. Any other moms-to-be (first time or "pros") who had this happen to them?

Tink0711

Asked by Tink0711 at 5:35 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• is it that you are genuinely afraid of preterm labor, or are you just so anxious to see your baby? Towards the middle of my pregnancy I was nervous of preterm labor also, but I was working 2 jobs and going to school, and was in a very stressful spot in my family life, so I was worried my worry would quicken things. But, my little girl came 2 weeks late lol. Everything will be okay, mama.
    SavanaF.

Answer by SavanaF. at 6:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have that dream A LOT. The best thing to do is to calm down and breath. Know that it is all going to work out somehow, and that everything will be okay. Take up meditation if you have the time for it.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I think its perfectly normal to have nightmares during the pregnancy & right after having the baby. It's a fear you have & your mind is playing it out in your dreams- disturbing I know. The worst dream I had was right after my first son was born, & in my dream I dropped him on a hard floor. I still remember the sound it made- it was the most terrrible dream ever! Glad to say I never dropped him & he's a wonderful young man now. Try to "train" your brain & think pleasant thoughts before you fall asleep, It might help.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:44 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm anxious to see her, but I am really worried about preterm labor. I've had about 13 miscarriages in the past 4 years, and Esme is my miracle pregnancy. Maybe I'm just worried about how my SO and I are gonna handle 4 kids (and 3 under 2 years old). I've also had weird dreams where Esme's born full term, but she's so tiny, even Barbie clothes don't fit her. Maybe it's just pregnancy hormones, or my past experiences. I never worried about things like this with my first pregnancy (10 years ago).
    Tink0711

Comment by Tink0711 (original poster) at 9:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• ive been having dreams of premature birth and the baby dies and all kind of weird dreams. my baby is well into the surviving age no im 33 weeks and im not going into labor anytime soon im sure bc i dont ever dialate i think its normal to have dreams like these
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I havent had dreams of premature labor but Im dealing with it. My dreams mainly consist of her being born on time and healthy with thick brown hair and big brown eyes the only thing that is bad about my dream is that I have to have a c-section. And she is very clingy. Like when I hold her she has a stronger grip than a newborn would have. Which they say that is a fear of giving birth to a big baby. And Im always worried about feeding her. Im constently saying in my dream well I can do that but I have to feed Alyssa soon. I recommend the book "What to Expect When Expecting" it is a wonderful and very helpful book. Especially if your a first time mommy or like you it has been a few years and it is new to you all over again. They have a section in there about dreams. It is really interesting. Good Luck to ya momma and try to relax. Technology is amazing now and there are soooo many things they can do for you and your baby!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• having dreams like that is normal i had dreams about having a litter of puppies
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2010