What would be your only reason for canceling an engagment one week till your date?

This is what happened to a dear person to us and we (my husband and I) are just hurt that she did this! He was good to her and her kids that weren't his..

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 5:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• There is more than 1 reason.
    The easy thing to say is that you found out the person was cheating or they were abusive, but there may be more to it than that. It could be that she realized that this was not the right thing for her.
    I know it sounds like a cliche, but better she found out now, then after they were married.
    There are three sides to every break up. His, hers and the truth.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:38 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It's better to cancel then to go ahead and get married just because you have a week to go. Most people who cancel their wedding never regret it in the long run. She most have had a good reason because it's not easy to do.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:38 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• cheating... abusive patterns showing...
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 6:02 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• something she could be going thru that she doesn't want to embroil her new family into?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• ditto what midnight said.
    i left my ex-fiance a month before our wedding (i found out he'd been cheating on me with a girl he was stationed with - he was an Army boy); to this day the only people who really know what happened are myself, him, his mom my parents and a couple of friends.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 7:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Infidelity, abuse. You don't know what was going on behind closed doors with them. Or maybe she realized she needs more time. Marriage is a big step. Maybe she thought she was ready but really isn't.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• maybe she just wasnt ready. or he wasnt the person she thoguh he would be, if she has kids maybe she doesnt want them to live with someone else i personally think with kids you need to think twice to make sure you know the person you are bringing in to the hohuse so maybe she just didnt feel ready to bring this person into her house even if he was good to her kids.
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 11, 2010