I have heard that you should rubb olive oil on your taint to help it stretch during labor.

Is this true????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• FYI - Your "taint" is the area between the bottom of your vagina and butt hole. Get it? "Taint"? It ain't the vag or hole.

Women do that so they don't tear down there during delivery. I never did it to myself, but my doc did it himself at delivery. It works! He rubbed the area and "stretched" a little. He used a little pressure, not to where it was painful. I don't think it was olive oil - just some kind of lubricant. They didn't have to cut me (episiotomy). I did tear a tiny bit, but there's no scarring.
    Anonymous

• WHATS UR TAINT?
    Anonymous

• you can say vagina, we are all big girls here! i don't know if that is true or not..
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 9:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• that's called the perineum. and yes midwifes do this, but when you are in labor as it is stretching. doesn't do a bit of good to do it before that.
    Anonymous

• i heard this on baby mama (the movie)
    made me laugh
    haileysmom2001

Answer by haileysmom2001 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Yes you can do it before you are in labor. I never did. My son shot out, literally to his hips in one push, and I didn't rip. I don't know how effective it is.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:15 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yes, my midwife gave me information on how to do a perenial massage to help prepare for birth. I didnt do it...but a lot of people do.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2008