Do you ever find you miss the days before all the super high technology?

before the Big Brother type things like camera and satellites watching everyone?

pre-1995? It was still high tech but not like it is now. The world was a bigger place

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I do, sometimes I think the world was so much at peace then we got a lot done didn't sit in front of the computer typing we spent time with our families ever wonder if all the technology is what is wrong with families and couples today? Kids actually got exercice and people weren't as fat you didn't have to worry about missing that all mighty important phone call
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• YES!!! There are times I really want to go and live like the Amish!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:33 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• no, I really don't. I see so much now, I learn more, experience more and it wouldn't be possible without the tech.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:32 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I remember before DVR, computers, Cell phones, all those high teck things. What did we do with out cell phones? wwe talked to each other in person or out land line.

Answer by louise2 at 8:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Even though today's technology is fun and I don't know how I ran my life before without a computer and the internet, but I know what you are saying Zoeyis....the human-to-human contact is severely lacking now and I do miss that.
    When Atari first came out we thought that was the best! When pagers came out we couldn't afford one, but when I was late in pregnancy with my 3rd child all father's were loaned one from the OB/GYNs office in case their wives went into labor while they were away from work. My husband carried that thing as proud as can be showing it off to everyone...lol...it hurt him to have to turn it back in...lol. Our first computer was a monster and I used it basically for email, games for the girls, and to make cards with...we had dial-up and I can remember fixing a cup of coffee each time I had to wait for something to download...lol.
    Times sure have changed!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:33 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Sorry about grammar errors and odd words being placed into my post above....was listening to a good song and trying to sing along with it as I typed the post...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:34 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes, I was just thinking about this this morning as I was waking up. I would be fine living in the 1800's or some other time period, as long as I had a/c. :) I don't see how I could survive without air conditioning.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 9:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes. Even though computers speed some tasks up for me there are other things that seem to take longer and I spend too much time on the computer.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I do miss some perspectives of it.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 2:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i guess I kinda like knowing there's not cameras everywhere watching everything we do. Makes me feel like we live in a very paranoid society. Not a relaxing feeling
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:08 AM on Sep. 11, 2010