My 6mo is driving me nuts!!! Help me

I need some help keeping my DD asleep at night. I have tried the pitch black, tried the 'let her cry it out' method, tried music, tried tight swaddle blankets, tried my same routine as with my 17mo (which works so well the her!) and nothing is working. I can get both girls asleeep by 9pm and every time the little one will wake at some point in the night and wont go back till wee hours of the morning. I'm just lucky that they will sleep in in the morning to around 9 or 10. But for my own sanity I NEED some helpful advice on getting this crazy party animal to stay asleep.

Take into account that I have the added stress of living with my In-Laws and I have a husband who works graveyard shifts!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like a later bed time and a shorter nap are in order. Find more activities for her to do just before bed. Let her play in the bouncer, or the walker, or whatever you have along those lines, for about half an hour or more before bed and see if that helps. Other than that, try louise2's suggestions.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:31 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Put her to bed later. Get rid of a day nap close to bed time. If you can not get rid of the nap. Cut it short. Wake her up.

Answer by louise2 at 8:02 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• sorry mama. all i can say is this too shall pass!
    have you tried bringing her to bed with you? that works well if you are breastfeeding.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:45 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Have you read the Baby Wise book? The techniques in there seem to work well for those who have tried them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:46 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I just started the rice cereal a few weeks ago and has little effect. She wiggles and kicks a bunch so I never enjoyed sleeping with her... sadly even the last few months she was in my tummy! :) I am so glad for the advice. I will check into the Baby Wise book.
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 8:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• try changing your own sleep schedule maybe so your both sleeping at the same time?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:40 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Your child might be teething really bad that's why they are not sleeping.. Have you tried the Hyland teething tablets.. it works for my twin boys... & now they are over 9 months old
    MotherOfTWINS09

Answer by MotherOfTWINS09 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• could she be teething
    babykathy09

Answer by babykathy09 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• What are you doing before bed? With my daughter I always did the same exact thing everynight right before I put her down for the night. Bath and let her play in the tub, lotion with massage, a couple of stories and I would rock and sing till she was almost out. Then I would put her down. She would fuss a little but eventually she got the picture. I think once you establish a routine they start to understand that this is what happens. It also could be that your baby isnt ready to sleep all night.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• try rice powdr in her bottle she's probably waking up hungry or co sleep together. each child is different and as with any infant you'll loose alot of sleep
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 7:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2010