Which would you rather have...

A big expensive engagement ring or a smaller ring and the cash for "other" gifts? I was at a store yesterday and a lady was saying I prefer a smaller ring and the cash or a vacation! Another said no way I want to drag my hand because my ring is so big lol! Tell me ladies which would you prefer?

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 7:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in

• Practically I would like to say that I would prefer the smaller ring and extra cash but after having the smaller ring. I know inside I would prefer something bigger. Not out of this world big but something biggere.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:36 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think really big rings look gawdy- so I'd say small ring & vacation! (2nd honeymoon?!)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:35 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• small ring so i can have cash for a really nice vacation
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:30 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• the smaller one. I don't care for big rings shoot the one I have now I hate I think it is to big (goes with my wedding ring) and it isn't really that big, but to me it is lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I think it is ridiculous about how much people are willing to spend on rings. Buy a smaller one and save the money for other things.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Small ring and cash
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• ha...my hubby just asked me if I wanted an anniversary ring for our 10 year and I told him no, I wanted us to go on a vacation instead!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would rather have the smaller ring the large rings look fake sometimes anyway and they get in the way of things
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Anyone who wants a big ol' diamond hasn't had much experience with kids. I can't wear my ring and its not even that big (.8 carat) because its constantly getting snagged when I try to dress my son, or scratches him when I chase him down to change his diaper or wipe his nose, It gets yogurt and mashed up bananas stuck all over it, etc. I wear a $7 band from the JCPenney clearance table.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:24 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have a decent sized engagement and wedding ring. My husband used the money left over to help us starting building our house. I think it was wise to use the money for other things.
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2010