Did/does your child like the feel of grass on their barefeet?

My oldest screamed if you tried to put him on the grass. My daughter could have cared less. And my youngest was like his brother...no way no how!

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 7:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• our daughter was 10 months old when it was warm enough to take her outside without socks or shoes on. my husband held her under her arms and set her so her lil barefeet touched the grass. she started to cry and picked her legs up so fast! lol, we laughed and laughed, it was so cute! he tried it again but she did not like it. now, six years later, the kid hates to wear socks and shoes!
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• she doesnt mind at all.
    sunshinehippie

Answer by sunshinehippie at 8:05 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• both of my girls as babies didn't care I would even put them to sit or on the tummy they didn't care.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:08 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• DS didn't mind at all. He thought it was weird at first but he lived in the desert for the beginning of his life so it was all new to him.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 8:18 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My son didn't like it at all. He would not go in the grass in sandals even until he was about 2 lol. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• one of mine was fine with it and the other wasn't...funny b/c the one that couldn't stand it had some other texture type issues and we ended up having to get an occupational therapist for him so he could get past it
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• grass, gravel, pavement, dirt sand, mulch...she doesn't care. Then again I also put her on the grass/ground a lot as soon as she was able to sit up fairly well.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:46 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• @ first they both didn't care for it... now they are both are crawling around all over the place
    MotherOfTWINS09

Answer by MotherOfTWINS09 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• my daughter dont like stepping barefooted not even inside i guess it just a comfort zone they get scared so she can b in just a pullup but still hav shoes on she funny
    babykathy09

Answer by babykathy09 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010