37 1/2 weeks with brown discharge - freaking me out!

For the last 3 days I've had brown (dried blood) discharge. I did not have any intercourse before it started. I did have an exam on Thursday to check it out, which made it worse, of course. The doctors don't seem to think it's a big deal, but I also don't trust my doctors as it seems they go out of their way to do the bare minimum (I'm on MA). Has anyone else had this? I didn't have anything like this with my first child. I've had a few contractions, but nothing painful or regular. The baby is still active also.

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you dont trust your doctor then why are you seeing him? you need to have a doctor you trust. if you are really that concerned go to the hospital. but it could just be you getting ready to lose your mucus plugg. you can lose it as a whole or in chucks. you can always lose it early but some of it grows back.
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I wish I could have a doctor I can trust, but it's a little late for that now. I live in a town where they get you in and out as fast as they can. The whole system here sucks! I did see a different doctor when this started and all he did was check the heartbeat, check if I'm dialated and then tell me I'm not in labor. Well, duh! I've been through labor before I know what it's like - I want to know why dried bood is coming out of me. Also the not dialated thing means nothing to me as I did not dialate with my son until a few hours after my water broke. And, I didn't know my water broke because my son's head was a cork so I thought it was just discharge.

Anyway. I lost my mucus plug with my first and there was no mistaking what it was. This is dried blood, not gooey or stringy or anything like that. Anyone else have this?
    sunshine58103

Comment by sunshine58103 (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i had blood when i was in labor, like spotting brown and pink but i had been in labor for 11 hrs w 5 min apart contracts and then down to 2 mins apart while i was spotting.i also lost my mucus plug and didnt labor for 3 weeks after i dont think it has much bearing on when labor comes kind of like if your dialated if the contractions arent there they dont do much, even if they need to be i think its dumb too
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• sounds likme the mucous plug
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2010