Kinda gross, don't say I didn't warn ya!

I get really bad diarrhea while I'm on my period. I also have pretty bad hemorrhoids that's I've had for two and a half years, do the loose bowels really upsets the hemorrhoids and leaves me so sore. Is there anything I can do? I normally just deal with it, but I have family coming into town and I don't want to be running to the bathroom twenty times a day while we're out and about! Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Health

• Push yourself to drink 8 glasses of water. As soon as you wake up start drinkning water. Take water with you everywhere you go and when you eat dont drink anything other then water. Add fiber to your diet, whether pill form, powder, or simple snacking on some RAW veggies. cooking them takes out most of the much needed fiber. eat RAW fruits. Like peaches, and brocoli, celery, carrots, grains, oats, almonds have fiber, um you get the idea
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It could be your diet. The best thing for diarrhea is lots of fiber in the form of fruits and veggies. I know when I eat junk food or fast food I get the runs. Fruits and veggies will also help calm down the hemorroids.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Have you seen your doctor about this? It's not a normal condition.
    Anonymous

• The taking care of the hemorriods is a case of changing your diet and drinking lots of water, you need fiber....veggies, fruits, nuts, crackers, wheat products......i had really bad hemorriods before and when i was pregnant and yes even loose bowel movements will agitate yr 'piles'.....most of us tend to be constipated just before and during our periods....but its still just as painful with diarrhea. Trust me some doctors will let you know some people suffer like this as a pregnancy side effect as it odes get better after the baby.
    but preparation h, suppositaries, mineral oil and other meds that wont affect you even though you're pregers...talk to your doc or the pharmacist
    mstropics

Answer by mstropics at 10:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• try taking some immodium before hand. as long as you know the diarhea isn't from illness, it's ok to slow it down.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i know several women like this on their cycle.
    godsgirl746

Answer by godsgirl746 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Witch hazel pads work wonders I have heard. I would do a fiber supplement, avoid foods that would affect your stools (spicy, greasy, rich, or even fruits and juices) and be sure to drink plenty of water during these episodes.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• fiber powder???? oatmeal had lots of fiber
    Anonymous