Is anyone else having a problem with your little ones hair after being in the pool? I have looked at the chlorine shampoos for kids but I am not sure if it is OK for a baby/toddler that just turned 1.

I can hardley get her out of the water weather it is the pool, the tub or the dog's water bowl. The chlorine is making her tiny bit of hair very dry and crispy.

Syddasmom

Asked by Syddasmom at 8:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get your daughter's hair wet before she gets in the pool. You could also put some spray in conditioner in her hair before she gets in the pool to protect it. And when you're washing her hair, leave a GOOD conditioner in her hair a little longer than usual.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• make sure your using a conditioner and then if that still doesn't work then use a detangler.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 10:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Use some aloe vera gel to rinse her hair after being in the pool. It is the same gel that you can use for sun burn. It will take care of all that chlorine.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Yes, we were having the same issues with our daughters hair. I started using the L'Oreal Kids Swim and Sport shampoo and conditioning it. The conditioner made all the difference! Now I can get a comb through it...yaaay.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2008