Vitamins and a 12 month old baby

My son will be a year next Saturday and I was wondering what kind of vitamin I should give him? I have been him giving poly-vi-sol since birth but I am worried about him getting the right amount of calcium. I should also mention he has only 4 teeth at this time just incase that would a differene in the advice that will be given.

JenniferQ24

Asked by JenniferQ24 at 8:20 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Best to ask his doctor this.

Answer by louise2 at 8:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I know and I intend too ask his doctor at his year appt. but I wanted to see what cafemoms preferences were for thiis as well.I like to know what other do as well so I can make an informed decision.I have researched it online already.
    JenniferQ24

Comment by JenniferQ24 (original poster) at 8:34 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't give my son any vitamins. My pediatrician said that as long as he's drinking milk and eats a good amount of fruits and veggies he should have everything he needs!
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Ask doc to write a script for vitamin drops with floride...thats what my doc writes for my boys.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Ask you Doctor and give something every day. Eventually he will let you know what he likes and don't like. For now, you set the rules.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 9:20 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• When my boys turn 6months old the doctor recommended a vitamin with Fluoride... prior to that they were taking the poly-vi sol..
    MotherOfTWINS09

Answer by MotherOfTWINS09 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Toddler 411 says that they don't need vitamins unless there is an actual deficiency. They say you can give vitamins if it makes you feel better, but as long as you are feeding a well balanced diet, they don't need them. And by well balanced, they say to look at what they eat over the course of a week, not in a day.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2010