Can I be on my period AND pregnant?

We are trying to get pregnant so if I am then we will be super happy. However I started my period right on time and heavier than usual. BUT my boobs are killing me, I am crying over everything, smelling things is making my nauses and any other preggo symptom you can think of. I have a 2yr old and a 1yr old so I know what it feels like. Can you take a test while on your period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• my friend had her period for 5 months while she was prego...it was heavy the first month and then kept getting lighter and lighter until she thought something had to be wrong
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• no,you're not pregnant. Heavy bleeding would wash a fetus out.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Sure you CAN... My mother had full fledged periods - heavy bleeding and all - for the first 7 months of her pregnancy with my sister... But it's rare. If you think there's a chance, take a test. You can test any time!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• it can happen but its very rare.
    Mrs.Josiewood

Answer by Mrs.Josiewood at 3:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Sure you can test. The test is made to indicate if a certain hormone is present it shouldn't be effected by the presence of blood.

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• You can bleed while pregnant but its not an actual period.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:04 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• can yes, probably not though, if anything it could be an early miscarriage which would explain the rest of the symptoms.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• wait until your period stops and then test, if you test now it could come out positive, if you are miscarrying.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yes it can happen
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010