Hate Smoking....do you?

JOCKEYP2PMOM

Asked by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 9:29 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Health

• YES! YES! YES! I HATE IT! it gives me horrible headaches whenever I am around someone who does even outside. My helper smokes at work and when she comes back in from break I can feel the tension starting and this is everyday we are together. She smokes with her kids in the car. I don't know but I think smoking in the car would be just as harmful to her kids as some of you think vaccines are. I don't even like to go to people houses that do smoke and I usualluy don't
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Not only is it bad for the smoker, it can be dangerous to those around. Smokers place many people at risk of asthma attack, reactive airway episodes, and generalized difficulty breathing. Smokers like to sound off about their "rights" - but the reality is that everyone has a right to AIR, and a smoker can interfere with this for many.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 9:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• funny you mention that..i just read a 'rant' about it in PC&E...no, i don't hate it. i hate what it does to a person's health and the smell of their immediate ''aura''.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:33 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Well I hate the smell it leaves on ppls clothes and hair uggh,.. I also hate that it is very bad for your health.
    Twinzmom07

Answer by Twinzmom07 at 9:37 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I despise it with a passion. ALL of my dh family smokes...and its ALWAYS an issue for us! Dh and I have argued about it more times than I can count. Especially after we started having babies.

People who smoke have NO IDEA how horrible it smells and how some non smokers despise it!

I cant stand them taking up all my clean fresh air with their nastiness. Especially when I have to way to get away from it! Which is rare...b/c I dont put myself around it as much as possible.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I do smoke, but I don't smoke around anyone that doesn't and never around children. It is a nasty habit and one I wish I could stop for sure. I so not like disrespectful smokes, and people that throw their butts out their car window or on the ground.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• OMG I get so congested when I'm near cigarette smoke.. Its funny, I grew up with both parents smoking, & both my sisters & I don't even go near it Yukie
    MotherOfTWINS09

Answer by MotherOfTWINS09 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I hate and my parents smoke in their home. I walk in and out and I then need a shower b/c I STINK. I hate taking things from their home b/c I have to let it air out or just toss it b/c there really isn't a way to get the smell out. It really is awful. I have been asthmatic all my life and my mom continued to smoke with me around. It truly is horrible what it does to people.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The only problem I have are the ones who have no respect for others when they smoke. We used to go to a park near our house, and it had a huge playground area. They had age-divided areas; one piece of equipment for kids age 5-12, and another for kids under 5. Since my son was 2 at the time, he preferred the little kids' equipment (even though he could use the big kids' area just as well). Well, half the time, we couldn't let him play on the little kids area because inconsiderate people would be sitting on the play area smoking cigarettes.

Personally, I think smoking should be banned within so many feet of a playground, but that's probably just me.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• omg yes i hate it alot, my husband and i dont smoke but my step dad does and its disgusting he smokes so much that even my moms clothes smell like it even my baby brother who is 8, he always smoking around him he acts like he is gonna die if he dont smoke when my mom tells him to quit, its bad for his health and my mom and my brother especially my 2yr old i only let my son go over when he aint going to be there because i refuse to expose my son to that so early in life id rather not expose him to that at all.
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 11, 2010