Remembering 9/11! Where were you when you heard/saw the attacks?

momx3gx1b

Asked by momx3gx1b at 9:35 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I was a stay at home mom. I had just turned the tv on, about to turn it to cartoons for my 3 yr. old. When I turned on the tv, it was already on abc, and the first plane had just hit. I was glued to the tv the entire day. Such a sad day.
    kenhanmom

Answer by kenhanmom at 10:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was in 7th grade during homeroom and I heard it over the announcements. I had no idea what a terrorist was then, I thought they said tourist.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:38 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was a SAHM. My Dad called and said "Are you watching the news?" I said, "No, C is watching Elmo" He responded with "F@#$" Elmo, turn on the news, someone just flew into the World Trade Center." I knew it had to be serious, because my dad hardly ever swears. I turned it on right before the second tower was hit.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was still living in NYand found out on my vacation that the twin towers were hit by a plane. Then I was like omg this can't happen we in the untied states.But I must say it was the most scariest in my life.
    Twinzmom07

Answer by Twinzmom07 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I had off work that day and had just turned the TV on to catch the news.

Answer by Bmat at 9:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was in Biology Honors, taking a quiz. The teacher called it quits on the quiz and turned on the television. We went on a sort of lock-down and didn't have another class change that day.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:52 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was at work. The entire business was pretty much on hold, with everyone crowded around the t.v., just sobbing. Men and women. The plane that crashed in PA, flew over us. We knew there was something going on with that plane, because it was so low.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was 15, almost 16 sitting in 1st period Chemistry. My AP English teacher came into the room to look out the window and said " a plane just hit the WTC" and we all got up from our desks and ran to the window. We could see the smoke billowing from Downtown. I thought it was a small plane or something of the like but by the time we all poured out into the hallways for 2nd period things started to become clearer. By lunch-no one was in class and people were in tears, my friends included. My friends and I were picked up by my friends father and we stayed with him at his job and watched the news in the cafeteria-after that we went up to his office and listened to the radio. I remember walking through the most silent NYC streets ever and then taking the quietest Subway ride home-EVER.
    BelliesMami

Answer by BelliesMami at 9:59 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was in Huntsville, Alabama on a 2 week job assignment with a friend, working at the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. It went into immediate high alert lock down & we all watched the whole attack in shock. All the airports closed down, so we had to rent a car & drive home. It was the longest, worse 13 hour trip in my life! All I could think about was my husband & my kids who were at home (in OH) & I couldn't get home fast enough. It was terrible to be so far from home when something so scary was happening.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I had just gotten to work, having dropped my daughter off at her daycare, which happened to be in a bomb shelter. We opened on time and people came in to eat, but no one ate. There was no music and the sound was up on all the televisions. (this is a big deal because it violated both state law and company policy) At one point I had ten tables, so I should have been busy, but the air was silent and people were crying.

My dad was deployed before I got off that day, five hours early because we closed. I never got to say goodbye... he was gone for a month before he was able to call at all.

The next day the red cross began taking donations in front of the mall, and we fed them lunch for free every day they were out there.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010