Infant Sleep Positioners

I may be getting ready to transition my 2 month old into her crib in her nursery. Since she was 4 weeks old, she has been able to roll onto her side. Therefore, I was looking at some sleep positioners to keep her on her back. So, I was wondering....is anyone currently using them & if so, which one is the best to buy & why??

AshleighsMamma

Asked by AshleighsMamma at 9:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't use a positioner. Nothing in the crib but the baby.
    Studies have shown it is best to keep baby in the same room as the parents until 6 months to reduce the risk if SIDS.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• With my first I did this but it made it worse when she started to roll. She could still get herself rolled and in odd positions. My Dr told me if she can roll then she is fine sleeping on her tummy.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We try using the position er but they didn't care for it, they we began to swaddle them & they slept so soundly, we kept them swaddle to close to 4 months or so now they are almost 10 months & they sleep on their belly's, side, and even their back...
    MotherOfTWINS09

Answer by MotherOfTWINS09 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The recommendation is to have NOTHING in the crib with your child the first year. This INCLUDES the use of infant sleep positioners. It is possible for you child to roll in a way that their face is against the side of the positioner, which can cause issues. I would avoid it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 11, 2010