well

well im breasteeding and got depo shot so im sure that im not going to get a period and not sure when i should start but i had unprotected sex 14 days ago the day after getting depo shot now im having pregnancy symptoms when should i take a test

eliesmommy1989

Asked by eliesmommy1989 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You take a test when you are few days late(usually 5 days or more) on your period.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• what's a depo shot? You can get pregnant before you get your period since menstruating means that you're NOT pregnant (uterus is losing it's lining). It's hard to know when you're ovulating in the best of circumstances, but when you're breastfeeding your hormones are all out of whack anyway. I'd ask your doctor for a test due to your circumstances. Good luck!
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 10:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i just got to say ur brave lol i wouldnt do that... those shots usualy dont start working until after like two weeks my friend did almost same thing but she had been on shot for a month an had unprotected sex with her boyfriend an now they hve a boy thats going to be one next month lol good luck
    babykathy09

Answer by babykathy09 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Go ahead and take one now. If it comes up negative wait another week and take another one to be sure. Good luck mama. Breastfeeding did not stop me from getting my period, I was back on my same schedule like a week after I stopped bleeding from the birth.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• about 2 weeks after the date you had sex you should start testing.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010