my 2 month old

my 2 month old baby has slept a couple of nights all night off and on why doesnt he keep on sleeping all night every night is it a growth spurt

eliesmommy1989

Asked by eliesmommy1989 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He isn't ready to yet. MOST babies don't even start that until much later.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• 2 months is really early to sleep through the night.. my boys started to sleep through the night at about 6months old...
    MotherOfTWINS09

Answer by MotherOfTWINS09 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My son is 27 months and doesnt sleep through every night.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:38 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Don't worry. He'll slowly start doing it more often or longer in between feedings on the nights he doesn't sleep through. My 2 month old has been doing the same thing. The other night he slept all the way through the night (7pm-7am). The next night he was up ever 2 hours. Last night he slept 5 hours in between feedings which was nice except I kept expecting him to wake up and didn't get any sleep, lol.
    My middle daughter was sleeping through the night at 5 weeks (11pm-7am every night) so it's possible. And my youngest daughter started sleeping 12 hours a night the day she turned 3 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• at 6weeks old mydaughter started sleeping through the night n her doctor said it was perfectly fine cus she was already drinking 4oz of milk before bed of course she would wake up by6 or 7 am for her bottle but she has don that ever since she is 20 months old now she still sleeps through the night thank goodness lol... but i would worry bout it just keep a eye on him at night i would always go up to my daughter an put my finger under her nose to make sure she was breathing and i still do that or i will stare at her chest to make sure its moving or i touch her just cus i love her somuch haha
    babykathy09

Answer by babykathy09 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010