Are you kids Vaccinated? and why?

buddahbum

Asked by buddahbum at 10:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yes, but i waited until she was 4 to vaccinate her. She did not have one shot until then. Her Ped. is a very "natural" Dr. She did not vaccinate her kids until they were older also. She said that when kids get older, their immune systems take to the vaccinations better & there is much less of a risk.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:16 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes bc we've had family members die from a disease that was included in the vaccine plus one became crippled. Also they can't go to school wo them I don't do new vaccinesi want to know that they are established and the benefits out weigh the risk
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No vaccines for my children, there are too many reasons to try to explain here, if you are truly interested in the information feel free to send me a message and I'd be happy to share what I have.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:21 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Of course. We did hold off on a couple til they were older, and we do not do the seasonal flu stuff, but my kids are fully vaxed otherwise.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:27 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Your kids CAN go to school without them.

My son was fully and on time, however, I didn't know to research nor how to back then.

Future kids will have a very delayed and spaced out schedule and some will be skipped altogether.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:28 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes!!!
    The diseases that our children are vaccinated against have caused severe health issues, disfigurement, and death in the past. While many of these diseases have been reduced in the United States, they are not gone.
    I know you will hear "My child was not vaccinated and they didnt' get any disease" Then consider yourself lucky, but as more people refuse to vaccinate, these diseases will become more prevalent.
    I researched and I know the risk, but there is a risk to crossing the street and I still do it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes and as Layh said I believe the risks are worth it. These diseases are not gone completely and I do not want my child to suffer in the future because of me. The only vacs she doesn't get is for the flu.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes kids CAN go to school without them. My daughter started school this year and is not vaccinated. They say that kids cannot attend school without them but that is a lie. There is a form that you fill out and get it stamped at city hall, hand it in to the municipality and the school and thats it. Our school had never seen one of these forms LOL and she looked at it and she's like oh this is from the region wow. It was funny. Anyway, ya it's easy and they will nto get suspended at a certain age, that is another myth that is told.
    buddahbum

Comment by buddahbum (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No. After researching both sides of the issue, and learning the truth I couldn't understand why anyone would vaccinate! I don't buy in to propaganda when it comes to any other aspect of my life, why would I do so here?

Why I don't Vaccinate

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes mine are vaccinated..I have read the risks both ways and just feel that getting it done is right for us. My ds has an auto immune disorder and he can get severely ill from cold let alone something else. My dd has asthma and can also get very sick. I agree with Layh...these diseases are not gone they are just being prevented from being spread.
    They get most of the vacs at the recommended time. We try to get the flu shot but last year there were so hard to get that they only got the swine flu shot. Actually we all got the swine flu shot and there weren't any of the regular flu shots left.
    tiredmomfor2

Answer by tiredmomfor2 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2010