Anyone have their Chemo port out? A big scar or not?

For those that had Chemo and had a Chemo port. Was your scar big? Since one surgeon put it in and another took it out! Its in a very obvious spot. Wondering if your scar was big? Raised and noticeable. Did you use any special scar cream or anything to prevent a scar? Your kind reply is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Health

• Before my mom's cancer returned her port really wasn't that noticeable. The scaring overall was not that bad. My mom kept saying how thankful she was to have the port (and is now too as well) because at the time when her mom was treated for cancer, they just poked her in the arm every single time-- so I think she's pretty grateful to have the ease of a port. :) I'd ask your Dr to see if you can get some special cream that won't irritated the area but can help with scar tissue.

roseisrose

Answer by roseisrose at 12:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010