Why do I always find myself attracted to my Bosses? or Men in powerful positions

Is there something pshycological about the fact that they have power over me? It's so crazy. I find this at most of the jobs I have had. Ihave never acted on the attraction I am married why can't i be happy with my husband he is a great guy and I do love him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• Its the alpha male syndrome. It nature. Females look fo the strongest males. Its a mammel thing, and we are mammels.
    Its nothing we intentionally do. I had 4 guys after me when i gt ingaged. My best friend was telling me, Wow, you pick the alpha male. My husband was more talented, dark skinned, taller, stronger and more biult then the other men. I didnt pic him because of that intentionally.......But thats how it turned out to be
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• most women need a protector someone strong etc... not saying that your hubby isn't that but maybe that's why you are attracted to these men, maybe it's something that your husband is lacking, who knows.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 9:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I think the thing my husband would be lacking that my boss now has is that he listens to me ( because he has to) he takes time to help me do my job. ( hubby has to asked) He tells me when I have done a great job. Hubbys tends to take it for granted. It's hard though I feel like such a pig thinking wow this guy is so attentive to me HELLO it; shis job LOL.
    Anonymous

• have you considered gently adressing what your boss is giving yuo that your husband isnt to your husband? Im sure your husband isnt aware of what he isnt doing or else he would do it. Perhaps just letting him know what yuo want ( and try to leave your crush on your boss out of it) would change his actions thus leading you to have a bigger crush on the wonder that is your husband! And wouldnt that be great!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I dont know lol. My 2 male bosses are so self-absorbed- their personalities make them unattractive. That, and one weighs over 300lbs-
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would have to give myself a thourogh check. I'd have to dicover what it is that I could do to find this in my husband instead of another man. Maybe you & your husband need to have a talk and you need to tell him how you feel about men who are like this. You might find that maybe he needs you to tell him what you'd like in a man. Then maybe he'd give it some thought and try to be the man you look up to, or would like to have.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2008