one more question about the suger test (sorry)

can i drink water? and i always swallo toothpaste(only a little) will that hurt my fasting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• y6es, a little and no.
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• they told me not to drink anything for so many hours before the test was taken i don't think the little bit of toothpaste will make a difference i had to take the sugar test three times and they always gave me a little to drink while i was waiting
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Water is fine; and the toothpaste won't make a difference... GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 10:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i had water. i had to fast for 12 hours. i was working in a 100 degree factory at the time. i filled a glass with ice that way there wasnt as much water in it. and i sipped on that all night as it melted
    it didnt mess with mine. my doc told me to drink as little as possible.
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 10:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I've taken 2 test and getting ready for the third. My Dr. says I can have all the water I want but NOT to use toothpaste when brushing. Water is it. Maybe I'm just so close to the line, IDK. Good luck, I know it's not a fun test
    gerti

Answer by gerti at 8:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2008