my 5wk old daughter is sick =(

all of us in thehouse is sick with the change of weather allergies-my 2yo son got it first, then me, then my husband then the baby..besides a humidifier and baby vicks-is there any thng else uve done thats worked for young newbies? (she has a stuff runny nose, sneezing and coughing)

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My sons pediatrician said to do nothing but use his bugger snatcher and let it run its course... He was sick at 8 weeks, it didnt last long.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:26 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Call your doctor and see what is reccommended.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:32 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• ok, whats a bug snatcher?? lol
    JaydnsMom22

Comment by JaydnsMom22 (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• There is not much that can be done at that age besides breastfeeding to pass on your immunities to baby. You can try sitting in the bathroom while running a hot shower or squirt a bit of breastmilk in the nostrils to help clear the stuffiness. I hope you all feel better soon!

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 12:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• when my daughter was born she had like mucus in her nose an her doctor prescribed nasal spray for babies an to put ttwo drops not spray it in there but drop it in there it helped her alot u should ask ur pediatrician
    babykathy09

Answer by babykathy09 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• aww poor baby! dS and I just got over nasty colds too. For this young age, the humidifier (or steamy bathroom), bulb syringe or saline drops is the best to do! Vicks can be too strong for some babies, but you can be safe if you apply a tiny amt to the feet and cover them with socks. Or you could buy some eucalyptus essential oil and put a few drops in the humidifier water. If you dont have that, a few drops of vinegar works just as well! If the baby is in a crib, you can elevate the side her head faces and put a blanket or pillow under the mattress. This will help drain the mucous out before it gets to the throat. post nasal drip is the worst! I hope she feels better soon!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Saline drops are key! They worked really well for my little one who seemed to have a cold from the age of two weeks until...well, now. And the booger sucker (also known as a "nasal aspirator") lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• a buggy snatcher I think she means the little turkey baster looking suction ball.

You use it to suck the buggers out of the nose to help baby.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010