what kinds of things do you and your toddler do during the day?

Im a SAHM of 3 kids and i run out of ideas on what to do with my kids on our lazy days (no running areound to do). They are bored with the normal arts and crafts, coloring, and our normal day to day stuff.
We cant play outside a lot because we are in FL and my kids burn VERY easily.

Im looking for things to do inside that will entertain both my 4yr old and my 2yr old.

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 11:31 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i can't wait to see what other people answer on this. I have a toddler as well and we both get a little bored doing the same routine everyday.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:36 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Hide and seek, reading books, letting them help you to make some healthy snacks like ants on a log or meals, make cards for family members, do you have a stroller with a sun cover? Maybe short walks with sunblock so the kids don't burn? I can't wait til the weather cools off so we can go out more (I have a redhead.)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:37 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• And I'm with ya. I have a 16 month old and a 2.5 year old and am a sahm. I'm also looking for new ideas.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:38 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Well atleast we're all in the same boat here lol. I tryed letting my kids make their own pizza last night... Fail. They lost intrest and i ended up making it myself :(

they basicly just like to run around the house and drag toys around, fight with each other and drive me up the wall.
    They need something to do to keep them out of trouble...
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't do anything. I don't feel it's my job to entertain my kids. That's their job. When they were toddlers they had toys and coloring to do. And the same goes now (they are 4, 7, 8 and 10). They entertain themselves. During the school day it's just me, the 4yo and our 8 week old. The 4yo watches TV, does puzzles, colors, plays with her toys. She usually shows me her drawings and tells me the stories behind them but otherwise she does her own thing and I do mine. Sometimes we go for walks or listen to music while we clean the house.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• my 3.5 yr old & I have dance parties! Turn the music up & dance! Bonus - it's a good workout!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• finger paint! we love it, I have a 3 year old and a 4 month old. they are fun to frame afterwords.
    wifecombs

Answer by wifecombs at 5:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Color, do crafts, work on school workbooks, we watch a movie sometimes, bake cookies, read books, go for a walk and go to the park. That is what we do.

Paix

Answer by Paix at 5:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• When my son was little we did puzzles, read books, painted, played with playdough, built things with blocks, and if it was too hot to be out and we wanted a change of scenery we would go to the mall and walk around for some exercise and we would window shop and have a snack like ice cream or something.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• sounds like they need some direction instead of "play" time... while i don't mean sitting them at the table and forcing them to do something... think of little projects for them to do, that are easy as well... my girls (3 and 2) spend part of the day "helping mama" putting toys in baskets, we have a game of tossing dirty clothing over the gate to where the washer is in the mud room (they take their clothing out of the hamper and toss it over... it's a mess in a way, but it keeps them busy for 15 minutes!)... i let them help make breakfast, lunch and dinner... they help set the table and clean up afterwards...
    i play music and we have "dance breaks"...
    we also frequent our local library at least once a week, we go to the YMCA 3 times a week and either swim or just run around and play... we can spend an afternoon at McDonalds... i may have an ice tea and they share an ice cream and spend a good 45 minutes playing on the toys
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010