FF who think bottlefeeding bonds dad & baby...

I hear alot of ladies say "I formula feed so daddy can bond with baby" This seems like a TOP concern to moms for some reason. So Im curious... Before deciding to FF for "daddy/child bonding" did you ask the daddy his opinion?
Ill Post Blog Below!

i thought of this question after reading a Daddy Blog - should read! A father used a chart to show why he is for breastfeeding and list "guaranteed breaks" as a plus (meaning its not his responsibility to feed baby

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• My husband also got a kick out of it. Like the author, I'm also suprised teh Dad who made the pie chart didn't include it being free!

My husband bonded a lot with my daughter, despite never feeding her a bottle full of formula. He cuddled with us while she nursed and was in tune enough with her to suggest to me when she needed to nurse. He rocked her, held her, slept with her, wore her in the Ergo, etc. They have a great relationship and she has even gazed into HIS eyes while nursing, while he strokes her hair, etc. Why does he have to hold a bottle to bond?
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• if a BFing mom wants dad to have a chance to feed the baby she can always pump a bottle... i wouldn't use that as the main reason to FF
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:41 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• really funny article though :) I showed my husband... he got a kick out of it
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I just pumped milk so that my husband could feed her if he wanted to. Usually he didn't want to, though. They bonded by cuddling and cooing at each other. Feeding isn't the only way to have a bond with your child.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:48 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm glad to see this! I agree that this is a bogus reason to FF, and if for some reason, you are considering it, ask dad first, and do some research on the benefits of each before making a final decision.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• There are so many other ways to bond. Feeding is what moms are made for. I breastfed both my babies through infancy, and they are completely bonded to daddy because he spent TIME with them playing and snuggling bathing sleeping etc...
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• That is a cool article! We bf at our house but i pump off extra in the beginning and freeze it. So if something comes up or if daddy wants to feed sometimes i just thaw one out or I pump for a feeding instead. Works at our house.
    tiredmomfor2

Answer by tiredmomfor2 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My SO bonded just fine with our daughter without having to be the one to feed her all the time. They like to bond in other ways anyways like holding them and playing with them and bathtimes stuff like that... IDK I really just dont wanna breast feed again because my son traumatized me!!!!
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Feeding isn't the only for a father and child to bond. I FF due to I couldn't BF, I would of preferred to bf only cause of health reason. I bonded with my son the moment I laid eyes on him. He became the center of my world.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 7:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Sep. 11, 2010