has anyone found a good solution for acne...that is actually worth the money or even a homemade remedy???

I never had a problem as a teenager but it seems the older I get the problem gets worse...I am 27 and it is the worse ever.

MamaCortney

Asked by MamaCortney at 11:45 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• The best thing that I have found is ProActive. You have to use it as instructed and continue using it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I used to be a licensed esthetician and my favorite product line for acne was by Jan Marini. ProActive seemed to work temporarily at best for most of the people I encountered. A must have product would be the JM BioGlycolic gel. It contains both glycolic acid and salicylic acid to address both black heads and white heads. I would also use their BP wash. They have great customer service and I believe they may still have a money back guarantee. In addition to clearing up your acne these ingredients will also make your skin look younger! It is a win/win situation. Look for their toll free number online and call customer service. I'm sure someone could walk you through it. It is expensive but a little goes a very long way. These are high-end products that are concentrated and formulated to actually penetrate the skin. You can find some of the same ingredients in some drugstore products but that doesn't mean it will work.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I've been using ProActive since high school (almost 10 years). I won't use anything else.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Talk to your dermatologist or an esthetician, they can see your skin type and condition (by making an appointment with them), and give you the best products for your skin type and condition.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I am an Esthetician and I use Murad and Dermalogica on my clients. For over the counter Neutrogena or Biore are good as well. For home remedies try witch hazel for an astringent(very cheap) and try taking zinc and you can also apply zinc creme as well. It dries out acne over night. Also, do a mask for acne once a week and a scrub only once a week. Scrubbing can irritate your skin and make you break out more.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 4:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Get the Clarisonic face brush!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• just washing your face 3 times a day use a face moisturizer when needed and dont wear makeup to bed or for too long. also sun screen...
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• DS suffered w/terrible acne. ProActive, other OTC products, even Rx creams from a dermatologist never worked for him. It wasn't until we removed dairy, got his zinc levels upped, and stopped using products containing petrochemicals, parabens, and other junk that his skin cleared up beautifully.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:36 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• have you considered cutting dairy?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010