car seats and extend rear facing

what car seat brand is best for this

crouchingmommy

Asked by crouchingmommy at 11:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on your child and their weight and height. What may work for one baby may not work for another. How much does your son/daughter weigh and stuff? Maybe I can suggest something.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 12:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• any car seat will do. it depends on your wants and needs as well as the vehicle you own and your budget.
    you should join the car seat safety group and we can help you with anything you need.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/5739
    lundaylove

Answer by lundaylove at 12:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I am not exactly sure which brands are best. I think it depends on the size of your child, if you can get a good install in your vehicle and other factors. Some good brands I think are Britax, Graco, Sunshine Kids, and there are a few others. The car seat safety group has some techs and other knowledgable ladies that are very nice and would be able to provide you with some great suggestions.

Here is a link to their group if you want to check them out:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/5739

Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It depends on alot. What kind of car is it going to be in? How big is the child(Weight/height/torso height)? How long do you want to rear face?
    My personal favorites right now are
    The Safety First Complete Air(rf to 40lbs ff to 50lbs)- they are releasing a newer model to ff to 65lbs though
    Momentum 65(rf to 40lbs ff to 65lbs)
    Triumph 65(rf to 40lbs ff to 65lbs)
    The Frist Years True Fit/ True Fit Premier(rf to 35lbs ff to 65lbs)
    mama_girl07

Answer by mama_girl07 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• luvmysonjames:we have not conceived yet we are just exploring our option before have but this is one thing i've made up my mind about that we will erf.
    lundaylove: i will do that
    crouchingmommy

Comment by crouchingmommy (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The one that will work the best is one that will fit your car and one that you install and use properly.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Best seat depends on a few things

Child's age

Weight

Torso Height

And your budget

A year ago there was only a few options to get you to 35-40 lbs. Now there are several and they are all really good seats.

Evenflo Momentum- RF to 40lbs and is around $200
    Graco MyRide 65- RF to 40lbs and can be found for less then $150 if you shop around.
    The TruFit only goes to 35lbs I believe, but its got a taller shell.
    Sunshine Kids Radians go to 45lbs(only one of the models though), but they can be a pain to install
    lorsmommy08

Answer by lorsmommy08 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The one that fits your child, your budget, you car, and is installed properly and used correctly each time. I have a True Fit, which will RF to 35 and a MyRide which RF to 40. Most convertible seats RF to 35 lbs. Some even 40. One or two go to 45.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I suggest the my ride 65. You can RF up to 40 lbs, and FF with a harness up to 65 pounds.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• For my son we have a Radian XTSL and a MyRide 65... both seats would get the average child to 3 years, I think, rear facing. My son is almost 26 months, 37 inches and 30 lbs he will outgrow the MyRide in height before he ever hits 40 lbs... the Radian he will probably be turned FF before he outgrows that seat... I think he could probably rear face until 1st grade in that thing!
    We also have as spare seats Evenflo Triumph which he still fits in and a Cosco Scenera which he also still fit in! However in these 2 seats there isn't as much leg room as some of the others on the market... which is important for the older toddlers.
    My favorite seat out of all the ones we own is the MyRide
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010