How embarrassed are you for our country?

I thought this was a joke when I first saw it...........shameful.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• extremely. We are excepting of too many things. The media give out to much information. I believe that we need to put the media in check for exposing to many things.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The video from the regular interview got them a little attention. It was the Gregory Brothers that made him famous. That's not the first viral video they've turned into a song (their new one is the Backin Up song).  Dodson was the first one they've done that actually charted in the top 100, though.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I looked like a set-up, a put-on, a way for Antoine to get attention on YouTube...and his sister was part of the whole joke. I don't believe any of them. I bet they (Law Enforcement )will discover it was a hoax,a scam. Antoine lookd like he wants to get into Show Biz. Really. DOn't fall for that kind of fake stuff.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I think every country has their share of weirdos, I just think they hide them a little better. EVERY Catchy tune lol.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The first video is about a brother who defended his sister from rape. The second video is a local-ish man speaking out (albeit not very well) about his sister being attacked. It was set to music by someone else. (I remember the story pretty well). He was mad as hell about it.

I'm not sure what to be ashamed of there, I don't find it entertaining, but I find it comforting that he went off on a camera instead of killing someone, which is what I would probably do if someone raped my sister.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Which part are you shamed of? Are you ashamed that there is a rapist or the very strange man that saved his sister?
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• They've made enough money from their share of the profits on downloads of that song and the t-shirts on cafepress to move out of that neighborhood. Serendipity or by design, it worked for them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• not embarrassed in the slightest!! you think we're the only country in the world who's citizens aren't human? humans do crazy things, stupid things, and HUMAN things.
    i can think of plenty more things to be embarrassed about. ingenuity isn't one of them.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• They didn't make anything from that video....they didn't create it. Just some kid who saw the newsclip...I did read something about t-shirts, but he didn't make that video.

Of course they didn't make the video. They DO get a cut of the iTunes profit on the song and from the t-shirts. He's also in talks to get his own sitcom.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I am not suprised he is in talks to get his own sit-com. All because of a stupid YouTube....ANd it was not even entertaining...not at all....it was annoying and gross and self-promotion at its worst.
    I am embarassed for people who buy into that kind of crap, not for the whole country. Can you say....."gullible" ?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010