Anyone else have depression since school started?

I have been attending college part time for a month and I have been really feeling like crap lately. I can't seem to get off my ass and do anything. The house is a mess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in

• ask yourself why you're depressed. Is it because the house isn't getting as clean? Get you DH & kids (if they're old enough) to help.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't usually endorse retail therapy but if I were in your position I would go buy a new mop or cleaner (I know it sounds silly) and try to get excited about cleaning. AND when the house was done I would reward myself with a new pair of jeans!! (or a chocolate bar, because realistically we can't afford new jeans..booo)
    My husband just went back to school and I couldn't be happier! Of course I miss him during the day, but now I have only 2 kids to look after instead of 3..haha. ;)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Sometimes just getting out in the sun for a bit and taking a little walk can really help. If I am really feeling out of it and not motivated I force myself to do something and then reward myself with a treat of some kind.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• are you depressed? are you just tired from doing too much? there is a big difference...
    clean the house a bit at a time, and while i don't know how old your kid(s) are, enlist them to help, along with others...
    don't put too much on yourself... if the house isn't spotless, its not going to be the end of the world... choose something to focus on, like the living room, and get that done this week...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Its hard doing school and taking care of kids! TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF. the cleaning will be there when you're done :)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:27 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• figure out what the real issue is..... then fix the problem
    AVONMom1981

Answer by AVONMom1981 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010