Remembering 9/11

Bump up so everyone can remember 9/11.

giovannismom19

Asked by giovannismom19 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• On 9/11 I was recovering from having my wisdom teeth pulled. I remember waking up out of a Percocet-induced sleep to my mother screaming in horror at the tv. I also remember getting a phone call about my delinquent car payment. I yelled at him for caring more about 100-some dollars than what was going on in NYC. I spent all day trying to get a hold of my best friend who was living just blocks from WTC.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Gosh I was in 6th grafde we watched it in class...it was the saddest thing ever I went home crying
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• this was when I was out of school, but I hadn't had my graduation yet. I was standing in the livingroom talking to my mom and my dad comes running into the room telling us to turn on the tv that there was a plain crash and then another one hit
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was in 9th in science never will forget.
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 12:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I had taken my husband to work. I heard it on the radio and rushed home to watch it on tv. It was awful.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was in 9th grade ELPS (civics). Someone came running to our room to tell us to turn on the tv. All we did all day was watch the news, if I remember correctly....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Wow! Look at all the young-ens ... I was in college ... dang I feel old.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was at work, my job had to set up a temporary morgue in the hospital parking lot to receive any bodies that the area hospitals didnt have room for. It was the most horrible scene. Someone I know was supposed to have a job interview on one of the top floors at 9am but she missed her bus out on the island and had to wait another hour for another. Her mom was beside herself thinking that she had already gotten there. It was terrible.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Man, I feel old. I was at home just getting up and had put my 14mo in her high chair for breakfast when my husband turned on the news (to find out why we hadn't heard any airplanes that morning) and called me in to see what was going on. I was 9 month pregnant with my 2nd child.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was in middle school and we watched it in our class rooms and it was horrible. For all those families who lost someone may they rest in peace.
    giovannismom19

Comment by giovannismom19 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2010