Where were you on 9/11?

I was in school when I found out just in 6th grade I went home crying

butterfly3206

Asked by butterfly3206 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• I was in the 8th grade heading into first period.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• 9th grade, health class.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i was in 6th grade and it was this whole big secret. the 8th grade was told what happened and that they couldn't tell the 7th or 6th grade. i found out later at home. jeez we were 12 year olds, we weren't stupid, fragile, or ignorant
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My husband, youngest son, and I were home. They were getting ready for work and school. We had the tv on Fox News and saw the very first reports that something had happened. Needless to say, there wasn't much that I got done that day.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was in college in Sept 2001. That particular day I woke up and turned the news on right before the second plane it... it was shocking way to wake up to say the least.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• my oldest one was in 1st grade, my son and baby were with me, and I was baby sitting a friends son. I never have the radio or tv on in the morning so my step mom called me to tell me what was going on. (we are in so. cal.) I spent the day trying to keep the two boys away from the tv and calling desperately to find out where are friends were that worked in Manhattan and my sil's sister who lives just a couple blocks away.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• are  our

sahlady

• I was right on Long Island on my way driving on the Long Island Expressway heading west towards Manhattan. I noticed a lot of rescue vehicles driving past me on the road. More & more every minute. I turned on the local news radio & heard the first tower was hit. I called work & they said not to come. I went to my Mothers house & watched the towers fall on TV. I cried. We smelled the burning in the air for many days. My co-workers brother died, he was an EMT parked outside the first tower. My friend from school died but nothing was ever found of her. Nothing has been the same here since. Everyone I know here knows someone or had a family member who died that day. Many I know were involved in the cleanup and many of them are Very sick or have died as a result. Let's all not forget that day & pray it never happens again.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My parents, huband, our baby and I were in South Carolina on vacation. We watched it all unfold on TV. When the Pentagon was hit my husband started panicking because his brother works at the Pentagon. All circuts were busy so my husband couldn't get through to his brother. Finally after 8 hours my husband finally got through. His brother was ok, he just happened to be across the street getting his hair cut when the plane hit.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was driving to work listening to it on the radio. When I got there everyone was gathered around a shop TV crying and in disbelief.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2010