for Christians: Do you feel that is is wrong to question God? Please explain. No bashing please, just your scriptural basis for why you feel that way.

69humblepie

Asked by 69humblepie at 12:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As Christians we are to have a relationship with Him. Of course we can question Him. We don't always understand the reason behind our questioning. God wants us to "talk" with Him. Get to know Him. Questioning Him is part of he process. The answers are in His Book!!
    Skavswife

Answer by Skavswife at 1:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't think it's wrong. Several Psalms show this, including Psalms 10, 44, 74 and 77.   I believe questioning in part of our human nature and it's a necessary and important part of spiritual growth.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have NO problem questioning God, he is big enough to take it. To say that he is vengefull is to say that he is NO different than man. Personally I was taught to believe that GOD is better than man
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i dont think its wrong to question God. look at Moses, Job, David...they questioned God ALL the time and they are considered the OT's top examples of Godly men. its human nature to want to know why and i think God would understand that.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Scriptural basis ... read the book of Job. The book of Job explains why we shouldn't question the goodness of God in our circumstances.

1 John 4:1 however does allow us to ask God questions in order to know and understand truth.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Read the Shack.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• no scriptural basis..i just don't think He's so closed-off that He wouldn't welcome our questions or queries.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I always question God. If that is wrong, I am not sure. There is always a reason. He does answer us in his own way.
    lwattar

Answer by lwattar at 1:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't. I believe questions can bring us closer in our understanding and relationship with God.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Is it wrong to ask questions OF God? No.

Is it wrong to question whether or not God is good in whatever He does? Yes.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010