what do you do with your kids papers they get from school?

like the spelling test or their math papers or like in kindergarden the papers they have to color or trace or learn to right? My DD is 5 in kindergarden. I save all of her papers, but feel like I save to many and by the time school is out I am afraid I will have so many papers lol. If you keep them what do you do with them?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I put them in a box labeled whatever grade they are in and we fill it up for the year then put away at the end of the year. So far I have 5 boxes and working on 6 and 7 since I have two that are in school
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have a hope chest and I store them in there, I probably have tooooo many too.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We purchase one small rubbermaid tote each year for special projects. I keep a portfolio of the girls' papers but we recycle some too. We keep more than we used to as homeschoolers, just to have the back up proof in case someone wants to throw a fit about what our kids are doing.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• You cant keep all their school work, starting from pre-school just be very limited and down size to a photo album and every year add stuff. Then you are organized and it shows off your child's work.
    lwattar

Answer by lwattar at 12:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I review them with my kids, and then throw them away. I save certain art pieces (some I've even had framed). My mom saved a bunch of papers for me, I threw them away when she gave them to me. I guess I look at is as working toward a milestone, not the milestone itself (like a diploma or significant award).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I trash the graded papers that come home and keep the really special work like, journal entries, art projects, reports
    Skavswife

Answer by Skavswife at 1:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was trying to figure it out too. My son just started school. =) So far I've only kept the special things. Like a poem with his hand print, ect. I have a binder I put them all into. =) The rest of the stuff gets hanged on the fridge until something else comes along & then he puts them for Recycling.

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010