What does belief in God (s) give you that you wouldn't have without it?

Everyone has inner strength to get through life's problems/obstacles- some lack enough faith in themselves because of various personal issues and seem to depend on God to supliment it (even though I think it is STILL coming from them even though THEY think it's coming from God). Everyone has the ability to take charge of their life, accomplish great things, be happy and loving and do good for themselves and their fellow man- So what is it exactly that you get from God that makes your life any better than if you didn't have him?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 1:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't think my life would be any different, either.... The majority of my beliefs would work even without the idea of God. I just happen to believe in Him, to have a relationship with Him. Its kind of like thinking of whether my life would be any different without a specific person in it. My life would be the same without my best friend, for example, but that doesn't mean that there's no reason to be friends with this person...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• What does belief in God give you that you wouldn't have without it?

eternal life in Heaven :-)
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 3:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• IhartU ... is it so hard to believe that belief in God has nothing to do with self-striving??
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I can drink black coffee. I don't mind black coffee. It does what I need it to do.
    I can also drink coffee with hazelnut creamer. I much prefer coffee with hazelnut creamer. It does what I need it to and has an extra amount of comfort and enjoyment that just doesn't show up in plain black coffee (Jamaican blue mountain excepted, but who can afford to buy coffee at $30/lb every week?)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Eternal life with Him. :-) However that is not why I accepted Him. I did so because of His sacrificial love for me. Without Him I would not know that precious and amazing love. I would be an angry, bitter person where as with His guidance and love... healing flows and I can give grace and mercy because He did so for me.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• honestly my belief in God, it gives me a sense that my struggles in life do NOT go unnoticed. that my friends, family, spouse might not realize but i know HE does and HE knows my heart like no other. I give my life purpose, He gives my life MEANING
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No one else I know can secure a future like God promises. Like I have said before, you can have both, God gave me a brain to use, I can help my self and I can lean on him when needed.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It makes life sweeter- the fact that you can not grasp the concept makes it no less true- period.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 2:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Eternal life in Heaven!
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• You continue to pound away on this, using a bunch of different tactics including ridicule and hyperbole and posters come back with valid answers that you ignore or rebut with arguments that hold no validity to those that believe. You will not change our minds-we will not change yours so you are becoming irrelevant to the conversation.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:52 AM on Sep. 12, 2010