Are you friends with your husband,though you live with him,you don't have sex..

Ever since my husband lost his job and went on prescription drugs,he's lost his sexdrive.Were going through a season of not having sex but we cuddle.We've been married for almost 10 yrs.Is this happening to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• My DH is my best friend. We go months sometimes without sex. Physically we both have issues which make sex difficult... Our relationship has nothing to do with sex, it's based on friendship and love - as it should be.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Life transitions can be hard. Losing a job is stressful and the side effects of anti-depressants can be loss of sexual desire. It seems he does still want to cuddle and be affectiate with you. If you used to depend on him to initiate you should try to initiate. Or if you can afford it with his job loss, take a cheap local get away (even 1 night in a hotel). It sound like he is in funk over the job loss. Make sure that, in addition to looking for another job he stays busy with something meaningful. Being laid off is depressing. If he has a hobby like golf or auto repair, then support him in doing it. He might also want to look for some volunteer opportunities. Giving back to Habitat for Humanity or a local area clean up will boost his spirits AND possibly lead to job opportunies as you never know who you will meet.

With some work, this can be a temporary bump in the road. Thankfully you are friends.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes. 18 years married and I have to say husband is my best friend. But over the years we have had our down times where we have gone several months without sex. But we still love each other. It is natural to have those kinds of ups and downs.
    Mariejen

Answer by Mariejen at 2:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• we must be friends after ten years without
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Sex? and that happens to be what? I need reminding I really do. We do not sleep together but he is affectionate and he does have his standards about sex. I will tell him 3 out of 4 kids are home and the little one can watch a movie while we sneak in the laundry or any room. he says that won't work he wants a bed and wants it to be at night where he can sleep after..Whatever i was a single parent for 10 yrs before him so going for long periods of time without sex is not a big deal plus without insurance and money to be on the pill it is better this way
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We have sex a few times a month, but I have been having issues with depressi\on that is killing my sex drive. I feel bad, but we still cuddle and talk and love eachother.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010