Oriental Trading Co.

Has anyone ordered scrapbooking items from them? If so are they nice items? JW

tns11

Asked by tns11 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have ordered tons of things from them and will continue to. The items tend to be small and cheap but for the price your paying I think it's worth it atleast for young childrens parties. Don't expect a fine quality toy if it's $5 for 20. They are not long lasting toys, just cheap toys to put into kids party bags and for prizes and such. Hope this helps!
    Proudmommy312

Answer by Proudmommy312 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Also, you will find many of the same items at Party City but it will be more expensive there. But then your not paying for shipping too. Try ordering a small order and take it from there.
    Proudmommy312

Answer by Proudmommy312 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Thanks
    tns11

Answer by tns11 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have not ordered scrapbooking stuff, but charms and other things for bracelets and stuff, the stuff looks better in the book or internet, than it does in person. I have returned some things because the tend to look "rusty" or "old", but overall, it's cheap and some of the things are decent. You just have to take a chance. The actual crafts are cute, the foam ones, my kids used to do stuff with them when they were younger.
    crazymomjen

Answer by crazymomjen at 10:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i like oriental trading co. for some stuff, but i wouldn't trust them with scrapbooking supplies. i want my pages to look nice for as long as possible, so i always browse target or crafts stores in the clearance sections for stuff that is acid-free and lignin free. otherwise, your pictures could get ruined over time. i know for some people they don't care, but i scrapbook to preserve my memories. i just hope my daughter appreciates all the hard work i put into it!!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I haven't ordered scrapbooking items only because I don't do scrapbooking, but every other item I have ordered has been great.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i have ordered paper, eyelets, brads and other things from OT and were satisfied with them. it was good stuff...the eyelets and brads were on the smaller side but for the price it was good. I would use them again!!!
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I haven't ordered yet, but noticed that they are carrying DCWV paper stacks, Bazzill papers and Basic Grey too now. They are starting to carry alot of the name brand stuff now...
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 7:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2008