PMDD? adult content

Has anyone been diagnosed with this? I am horribly irritable, I yell and scream at my kids a few days a month and I am aware of my serious bitchiness and I still can't control it. A week before my period it gets out of control, the first two days of my period and just as bad, then it slows down. I just started taking Seasonale to help skip periods so this wouldn't be a problem, I'm on day 6 and I have been far worse for the last 3 days now...What can I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Health

• Calll your doc. You may need something more than birth control pills to help you settle down. A lady I used to work with took a childs size dose of antideppresant on top of birth control pills to smooth things out... Good luck
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I tried that and it didn't work for me. I was diagnosed with it 2 years ago, and my OB put me on prozac. Big mistake, it made me feel horrible. I don't know what to take to help, and it has almost ruined my marriage at times. I looked into therapy, thinking maybe it would help me if I talked about my anger issues. Also because my Hubby told me if I didn't we would probably end up divorced. Well it's been 2 months going to the therapist once a week, and it's not doing anything. I still feel the same. Some days I feel fine, others I just want to cry, and then on other days I want to rip someone head off. So here I am, stuck... I feel like if I were on my own, with my kids, I would be better off. Then once they're all grown and on their own, I could be alone, because that's what I feel would be best.... I'm sorry I couldn't help you. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Well, birthcontrol is going to make your hormones ALOT worse, until your body adjusts to the chemicals... I have the exact same problem though... sometimes taking a hot shower, or taking a walk just by yourself, rather than having the kids near you... because if your anything like me, them being in the same room is even irritating at this point. Take some "you time". Have someone watch the kids and just go do something with yourself. Not anyone else. Hope I could be some help, feel free to message me if you need to vent to a person who understands this condition. =]
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 1:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Another option would be gonadotropin releasing hormone . It would basically simulate menopause, stopping the hormone casade, thus prevented PMDD.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I basically lose my mind a week before my period. I turn into mega bitch and into a emotional roller coaster. I'm talking 1000 times worse than normal PMS, and I told my OB-GYN about it, and she said women get emotional during that time. My back hurts so bad that I can barely move. I really think I have PMDD, but my OB-GYN apparently doesn't agree. I go back for Mirena insert in a few weeks, maybe that will help it, but she said it probably wouldn't. This past month, I smashed my cell phone because my husband asked who I was texting. Yep, PSYCHO.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 9:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have it. It's an autoimmune reaction to luetinizing hormone. The safest way to help yourself is to increase intake of zinc, B vitamins, iron, calcium, magnesium and vitamin C, all of which play a part in mood stabilization. Getting regular exercise also helps mood stabilization. Increasing your water intake and decreasing caffeine intake during the relevant week also seems to have an effect. Anti-inflammatory medications such as Advil can help symptoms more effectively than something like Tylenol, which is an anti-pyretic, not an anti-inflammatory. I tried all the hormonal options and they were not all that effective; treating myself with exercise and vitamin and mineral therapy worked like a charm. If you'd like more information on good recipes for food sources of the vitamins and minerals, PM me.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010