What is your most unique frugal tip?

I already clip coupons and cook at home, I'm just looking for some new ideas. Single Momma on a budget! Thanks!

babywhatnow

Asked by babywhatnow at 1:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Travel

• make your own cleaners! Vinegar can do wonders! you can mix it with some warm water, dash of baking soda, some tea tree oil!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Im a sewer so i make all our curtains and place mats and stuff. Also a big believer in recycling clothes toys, ect
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 1:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Shop the supermarket flyer. Plan menues around what is on sale. Cook from scratch.Buy seasonal fruit and vegetables. Buy prepackaged snacks to be eaten only at school-not because they are there. Buy what you need, not what you want.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 1:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I use vinegar and baking soda to clean just about everything, and I cut my sponges in half, you really don't need the big thing and this way you have twice as many :)
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We don't have cell phone.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Invest in a bread machine. Start a garden. Line dry your cloths. Refrain for unneccessary driving. Lights off.. even during the evening. One lamp is usually sufficient (use lcd bulbs or cfl). Close vents in unused rooms (closets, utility rooms, and bathrooms) and shut the doors. Draw your curtains to prevent heat from coming in (summertime) or escapling (wintertime). These are my easy ones.
    ThatTXMom

Answer by ThatTXMom at 2:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• different parks in different areas around us. I took My daughter to the lake (about a 20 minute drive) and we went trail hiking, played at the beach, and checked out the light house, and it didn't cost me anything but gas (because we packed a picnic).
    When the leaves start to change there is a beautiful state park that I'd love to take her to (Letchworth), and a day pass is still pretty cheap

things like that IMO are the best trips anyways.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Go to the park and beach
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 1:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2010