Is it just me or does your internet company and phone company....

give you the option of a great deal and then they send you an outrageous bill saying you went over the allotted "deal" and you have to pay extra money for it.

(I had no Idea my internet had a GB, MB or GH) I am not sure what he told me I went over on but I had no idea that they would charge me money for going over that... I didn't even know that I had a limit.... Why don't they tell us a time limit instead of a GB, MB or GH? When I asked them about the "time limit" like if it was a time based thing how much it would be he just kept telling me I went over on my GB, MB or GH......

Dose your company do this to you?
They do the same thing on my cable. You ladies have any advice to what company you may suggest? Currently I am with GCI and am very unhappy. I want a cable and internet provider that wont break my bank :) thank you!

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Wow, I didn't know these types of deals still existed for anything other than cell. I would call them and ask about switching to an unlimited plan. Usually companies will upsell you without a problem.
    ThatTXMom

Answer by ThatTXMom at 2:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Most of those deals are for a set amount of time, and they tell you that when you sign up... It's up to YOU to call and get a better deal when that time is up... That's why they say $19.95 for the first 2 years or something like that... It's not a permanent rate... It's not meant to be.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have RCN. I've not had any problems like that.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have never had an internet company give me a usage limit since I had AOL dial-up in like 1996. Thats really ass and you should probably look for a better company.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Both my phone & internet contracts are for unlimited usage, so no worries about going over limits and my bills are preditable within a couple of dollars every month. It's the same for my satellite service, I pay a set amount, plus taxes & "fees", for service each month. I know when my contracts are up, too, so can renegotiate without worrying about getting charged extra fees.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I know that I signed up for a 49.99 or 44.99 a month internet deal but they sent me a bill for 100.00+ dollars saying that I went over my GB, MB or GH or what ever he called it. Your answer is appreciated though :)
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We get free cable, internet and phone lol. My husband is the Cable repo man! lol. and the company gives their employees free services.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 1:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We have Time Warner. So far we've had no problems with them. The bill isn't what I would call cheap, but no supprises for extra charges.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010