Home decor on a budget

I move into my home with very little, I have been blessed with hand-me-down furniture but am looking to make my home "mine". Any do-it-yourself ideas or best places on-line/in store for frugal home decor? Any tips will help, Thanks!

babywhatnow

Asked by babywhatnow at 1:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Paint is cheap. I've had great luck with the mistint sections, where normally expensive and high quality paint is sometimes 70 percent off!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The dollar stores have alot of cute little home decor things, also im not sure how ur budget is, but i shop at Kirklands Home decor!! GREAT store and everything is fairly inexpensive. I got a giant painting for above my fireplace of a Magnolia flower for 10 dollars its gorgous!!!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 1:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Hobby Lobby has tons of stuff at good prices.......plus they usually have coupons in the paper and things are always on sale there. Oh and I agree with SunShineMoMM about Kirkland's, I love that store. Have fun. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Goodwill, garage sales have cheap stuff, look on line for home decorating stuff to make. We all started with not much just keep looking for things to make and buy cheap
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If you have any DOLLAR TREE or Dollar Store.....everything's a buck. Even Family Dollar and Dollar General have some items for hme decor that arent too much.

SOME times on Craigs List.......in their FREE section, some people give knick knacks away. As a matter of fact a friend of mine whom acted quick was able to get SO much stuff for her house. From a nice queen pillw top bed from a family who's parent was ging into a nursing home, curio cabinet, dinette table and hutch to match, a few good working TV's... coffee tables...lamps..etc. SHE really lucked out.

I got a mattress to an old hospital bed and my neice uses that to sleep on on TOP of our futon couch when she is in town for added comfort! ( It folds up...in half! LOL )

Good luck in finding a few things to make your home, "yours" with your own touch!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2010