Is HotJobs, Monster a good place to find a job?

I seen so many fake job scams on there.. How do i know its real? Did you find a job there? Does it really work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• yes those are good sites also, simply hired
    mandie2010

Answer by mandie2010 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I suggest craigslist.A lot of jobs post there because it is free whereas monster and hotjobs aren't to post ads. Do a search in the search engine also and see what you come up with. A lot of jobs on hotjobs are through a referral agency or something so you have to be careful. Good luck in your search.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 1:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I like careerbuilder.com the best, Monster is good as well. You can tell if they aren't legitimate by the wording of the ad - if they are promising thousands of dollars and you don't need experience, don't apply :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Simplyhired.com
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 2:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i found acouple jobs there an they were all fake like there mostly sales that u have to go house to house an try tosale there products but i guess it just the catagory ur looking under
    babykathy09

Answer by babykathy09 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• There are a lot of jobs there but there are a lot of people looking there too. It can't hurt though
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Sure: monster/hotjobs, CareerBuilder, Craigslist, company job boards, Ideallist, etc. all have real jobs posted; you can even use an agregator, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

That said, only 40-60% of available jobs are advertised; you need to network, using Linkedin and other sources, and find the hidden jobs.

I do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help CafeMoms (and Dads) with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy, interview prep, etc. (I never charge CafeMoms for my services).

There are great tips and resources posted in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 4:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• homecareersuccess.com
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I post vacancies on hotjobs, indeed, ihire and our organization's website.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 2:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Look at these websites for a job www.reneersmith.greatcareerplan.com and www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/reneersmith
    RED57

Answer by RED57 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010