how do you know if your babys ok in the womb,if your doctor never gives you a sonagram to see him or her? i worry alot, and think somethings wrong with my little girl?

mandie2010

Asked by mandie2010 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Express your concerns to your Dr. Some will give you a sonogram to ease your mind. I know when I was pregnant with my first my Dr never did do sonograms. I expressed my concerns and he sent me to have one done.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have to agree I would def. express your feelings to your doctor and Im sure he/she will fulfill your request!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• can't hurt to ask for one... but I bet your baby is just fine
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Well...how far along are you? Have you had a history of miscarriages or problems with any previous pregnancies? I mean usually you only get one ultrasound through out your entire pregnancy but if you've had complications they will check often. But the fact that you haven't had any problems doesn't cause the need for a sonogram. So just think positive, but ask your doctor about it next time. =) Best of luck!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• im 29 almost 30 weeks. i got 2 sonograms when she was only a dot. and one b4 she was even there. that was all. i also got a sonogram at 20 weeks but wasn't a doctor just someone to get pictures. this is my first baby so i haven't had any miscarriages, or problems with other pregnancies. but i have had complications with this one. so thats why i worry. from the beginning if it wasn't one thing it was another. and so now 29 weeks later im just wondering whats going to be next.
    mandie2010

Comment by mandie2010 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Usually if they find something on your sonogram they will call and tell you. They say that no news is good news. But if you're still concenred request another one. This is your baby and your life here. And if they don't give you one ask for another doctor.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• most of the time you get one at 20 weeks to check the anatomy of the baby and if everything is good you may not get one or they may do another one at 32 or 36 weeks if something is not right or they didn't see everything that visit you may get more. defiantly talk to your Dr. though.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• yea my docs havnt given me one since i was 10 weeks
    mandie2010

Comment by mandie2010 (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• As long as you're not in pain, experiencing any bleeding, and can feel your baby move every day everything should be fine. Talk to your doctor at your next appointment, I'm sure he/she will understand your concerns and will do another ultrasound for you to ease your mind.
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 8:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• thank you everyone for your insight, i never thought pregnancy was so hard and stressful, i thought it would be easy when i saw all my friends at school get pregnant i thought it was the same for all women,, and easy, but to come to find out its not!!! thank you all <3
    mandie2010

Comment by mandie2010 (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010