At what temperature do you turn the heat on in your house?

What is the temperature in your house right now? Do you have any heat on?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 2:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The heat is on 71 once we turn the furnace on.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The heat isn't on right now so I have no clue where it is at but whenever I am cold I turn the heat on lol. We live in military housing so everything is included in the rent so when it's even a lil cold the heat is coming on.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 2:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• if its under say 60 outside i willuse the little space heaters where needed. they are far cheaper than paying for having the stupid cieling heat on all winter. and now its hot out and i still have the ac and fans running.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm sorry, but I am LMAO. I have my a/c on. It is 86 degrees outside. Too hot to even open the windows. Usually I turn the heat on when it gets in the upper 60's. We have space heaters for cool mornings but warm afternoons. We are still several weeks away from that.
    ThatTXMom

Answer by ThatTXMom at 2:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• According to my AC it's about 68 in here right now. I don't turn the heat on until the temperature outside drops regularly to 50 something, usually lower because it stays pretty hot in here until then.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Kenyonsmom,
    Just because you are not paying for something, does not mean you should waste it. It is irresponsible to waste energy because the government (which is all of us taxpayers) are covering the bill. Besides what about ecology and conserving.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• its 78 F in my house right now, I turn the head on at 68
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• *heat sry
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The temp is 81 right now in my house and I have the A/C on.... I live in AZ where its still hot.
    TessaHoney

Answer by TessaHoney at 3:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It's 80 degrees in our house right now and 80 outside we haven't turned off the AC it just hasn't ran today but we will turn on the heat when the day temps gets in the 60's and the night temps gets in the 50's and stays there we have had some 47 degree morning temps lately but the day temps have gotten in the high 70's low 80's
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010