wierd pain all the way around my rib cage?

it hurts pretty bad and is mostly consistant but stops once in a while for a little while. im wondering if it has to do with the pregnancy but im only 16 weeks and i know baby isnt that high up yet. iv never felt this particular pain before even with my 3 previous pregnancies. should i go to the doctor?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 2:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• IT sounds weird but I bet it's acid reflux. I had the same thing when I was pregnant and it hurt like hell! You can wait until your next appointment if you want, just go get some zantac, it's safe to take while pregnant and works really well. It takes a day or two to fully work but you'll get some relief within an hour.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I had a similar pain and found out is was my gallbladder. Talk to your OB about it, he/she can help you figure it out.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• yeah i was going to say the same thing as Scuba...my doctor told me its pretty common to have gallbladder issues during pregnancy
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• ok if it could be gallbladder issues should i be seen immediatly or wait till my next appointment?
    cassie_m

Comment by cassie_m (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would think that if the pain is unbearable then you might want to be seen. But I dont know if there is really much they can do when are pregnant. It wouldnt hurt to call your OB and see what they have to say!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010