Crazy biotch!

I feel like a ranting, raving, nit picking, ungrateful, spiteful biotch most of the time since I've had my baby. I know it takes a while for your hormones to get back to normal, but it's been 6 months already. I've given more apologies to my spouse and 8 yr. old in the past 6 months than ever before, and frankly I am tired of it.Can anyone tell me about how much more of this I have to deal with? When will I be back to my old self?

myboogiewoogie

Asked by myboogiewoogie at 10:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Health

• might be PPD. Depression isn't always as clear as "crying all the time" Depression can manifest in many ways. I am clinically depressed and I know it's worse when I snap at hubby for almost no reason.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• all the hormones, are you breastfeeding? I found that once I was done breastfeeding and back on the birth control i was on before I was pregnant I was a lot better HTH
    Anonymous

• I am breastfeeding.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• When my kids wer elittle and I was breastfeeding, I used to get really frustrated because I spent so much time with one child and did not have time to clean and other things that needed to be done. I just had to remind myself that my baby would be grown soon and all those things would be waiting for me and I would never get that time back with my baby. When i get frustratd, I usually yell more. Don't wait til it's too late. If you or your family think there's something wrong, go see a doctor about it. There's nothing wrong with that. God bless you.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• OMG.......I'm 3 weeks away from delivering and I'm praying that getting her out will take the psychotic episodes out of me! It could honestly be PPD though, if it continues too much longer I would call my doctor. It's always better to get help for it! Good luck...
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Would a bc you can take while bfing help? You may also want to consider talking to your doc. Those can be symptoms of a bigger issue (ppd or a thyroid condition etc) Good luck
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I felt like breastfeeding was a calming device for me. When I was on BC I was extremely verbally agressive w/ moodiness to match. I agree that PPD can take many forms, and is worth an appt to speak with your midwife or ob/gyn or family doc.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 6:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2008