the best thing you did at your wedding?

just got engaged! yaaay! i am going to DIY it, and just reaching out for some ideas that i haven't thought about. we are doing a spring wedding in may. anything that i should do because i am at a loss of ideas! google can only get me so far! lol.

spazlilsister

Asked by spazlilsister at 2:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hahah you're going to think this is crazy... but the best thing we did at our wedding was blow up the top layer of our wedding cake.
    We decided not to save the top layer for our first anniversary because my husband is in the army and we knew we were going to be moving cross country before we got to our anniversary... so my husband said "why don't we blow it up instead?"
    Ok :) so after our reception our families went back to my parents house and we blew up the cake in their backyard before we left for the airport.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We let our nieces and nephews be the attendants (bridesmaids & groomsmen). They ranged in age from 2 to 10 and we had a total of 8. We had a matron of honor and a best man..they sort of helped keep things smooth. The kids were astonishingly good though! It was so much fun and I have some particularly great memories of the 2 yr old "showing off" her pink ruffled panties! LOL!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• bahahahaha, omg, blowing up the wedding cake = awesome. my fiance is a stilt walker for event companies and he wanted to be on stilts and i told him no cuz he'd fall into the cake!!

we have a son together and my sister has a little girl his age so they are going to be our ring bearer and flower girl, and they are going to be strollered down the isle by my 4 year old neice and cousins daughter. (mainly cuz i want our boy to be STRAPPED DOWN for the ceremony or i'd have a little boy under my dress!)
    spazlilsister

Comment by spazlilsister (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• When our guests entered the chapel they were each given a flower. As I walked in they each handed me the flower they were given, this became my wedding bouguet. My maid of honor had ribbon so when I got to the front of the chapel she tied it all together. It made our guests feel like they were a part of the ceremony and everyone loved the idea of greeting me with a hug and a flower.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• ooo... i love that idea... because i do always say that i would be nothing if it wasn't for the love of the people around me... i may have to limit the people invited or keep it to family only cuz i am italian... and so that would take a long time!! lol but that is BRILLIANT.
    spazlilsister

Comment by spazlilsister (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Hire a belly dancer and be the MC!!!! Loved my wedding it was fun!
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010