Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i have in a letter of consent for someone to take my son to the hospital?

my boyfriends stepmom wants a letter just in case something happens while she is watching him.

Answer Question

Asked by Nightmarechick at 2:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 4 (31 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Just write that You (ur name) give (her name) permission to take (sons name) to seek medical care in case of an emergency. Make sure you both sign and date it as well with your contact numbers.

    Answer by Misteh at 2:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • that is what my doctor wanted and i wrote what the poster said above. i, your name, mother of(son's nam) ____ give (her name) permission to seek medical care in case of emergency and then sign it. its a very good idea because if it does happen she doesn't have to wait for you to get there. smart lady

    Answer by lambdarose at 2:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • You can go to your local hospital (the one that your stepmom would bring him to or the one he would go to with an ambulance). Speak to a Social Worker there and fill out a "Health Care Proxy Form". In the event that you cannot make decisions for your Son then it will give her the legal right to make decisions for his health. It will go on file in the Hospital and if in the event that he is admitted, the Doctors & Nurses are legally bound to your wishes on the form. You could call the Social Workers office in the Hospital and they can explain it & maybe mail you copies to fill out for your whole family.


    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • some things i can think of are: any allergies, medications, medical history, your contact info, insurance info, child's social security number, date of birth, pediatrician's name.

    Answer by Arkaidy at 3:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.