What do you value most about our country?

There are so many negative posts going around right now about the USA, and our economy, etc etc etc. What are some positive things we can appreciate about living here?

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Our freedoms! The fact that I can walk out the door wearing what I want, talking about whatever I want. The fact that I can believe in what religion I choose. Our education opportunities... the fact with hard word and a strong will i really can be successfull in what ever career I choose.

This is the greatest country ever and I wouldn't trade being in it for a thing!! Granted some of the "leaders" I am not so happy with but the country as a whole is amazing!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• That we are still free to do, and come and go as we please...within the letter of the law, of course!!! No other country truly enjoys what we had, and it is absolutely worth fighting for!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I value the rich historical heritage that was left to each and every one of us. I value the spirit of love and brotherhood that takes place during the hardest of times. I value the freedom to make choices for my family instead of having them made for me. I value the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Amendments. I value the Declaration of Independence. I value the beauty of the diversity within this great country and the cultures that take place with in larger culture. I love the USA.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 2:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The FACT that we can VOTE in NOVEMBER and hopefully, GOD Willing, stop this insanity! Call me what you will, it makes no difference to me what color you are, what religion you are or what income level you are! I simply want ALL of OUR children and grandchildren to have the same opportunities, that we have had.
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• What Lori said. Freedom.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• That I free, at this moment, to say that our country has completely gone off the track of liberty, and if we don't do something soon, then we won't have the freedom to say this anymore.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We have a diverse heritage of people who came here in the last few hundred years from othe countries (our relatives) looking for opportunities, land,new homes and freedom of religion.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The thing I value most it the fact that we have so many opportunities and choices as Americans. We are free to do as we please...just as long as it is legal, say what we want, be who we want to be. It's wonderful. We are a melting pot full of diverse backgrounds and ethnicities and religions. We have the freedom to choose the careers we want to go into and create something that benefits many. I'm so proud to be an American.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm with you Lori
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I agree with LK- many people can not even leave their own country without permission.

During the 90s, our hospital was involved with an International organization that reached out to Nicus and neonatologists in St Petersburg, Russia. Once a year, either our Drs went to Russia or a team of their Drs and nurses came to CA for training and research. Anyways, one year when 3 of their Drs were visiting, they wanted to take a short 30 minute train ride to tour another Nicu within our group. These Drs wanted to know, "what papers and authorizations that they needed to ride the train this distance."

Freedom, yes-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010