My Toddler has had runny stools for the last 6 days. He's eating and drinking ok, a little off but not too much, and as of last night did not have a temp.

We are getting ready to go on trip and I'm wondering if I should take him to the doctor or any other good suggestions. Thanks!!

ethan0530

Asked by ethan0530 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's possible he's coming down with something. This stomache flu type virus has circulated in and out of my household for over three weeks now. I thought I was finally over it; but tonight my 13 year DD says she's not feeling well.... great! It's what you're describing; no real change in appetite, but loser stools and just ickiness. Lots of fatigue.
    I do agree you should take him to the DR because they may be able to give him something to settle his stomache. Could it be nerves for the trip? In either event, some settling medication may be all he needs.
    Have a safe trip!
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I WOULD SAY GIVE HIM SOMETHING FOR PAIN AND IF THAT DON`T THEN WOULD TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR .I HAVE A GOOD TRIP
    Candyjane

Answer by Candyjane at 12:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• He could be teething again. My 2 year olds stools become looser when he's teething.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• There is an OTC you can get. My daughter has had diarrhea for 4 days w/o a fever. Doctor gave me some sample packs of Florastor Kids. You can get it OTC but you have to ask the pharmacist as it's behind the counter.  Just mix one packet with water or juice 2x a day to help get the digestive track back into it's natural rhythm. http://www.florastor.com/article.asp?id=2559  Yogurt is good too.

Anonymous

• Thank you for your answers. The diarrhea has stopped but his stool is still very loose. I think I will try yogurt. And I've heard fiber is good, but he is a very picky eater, so not sure what to give him.
    ethan0530

Answer by ethan0530 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2008