well child check up hearing test question please help shed some light on this for me

i took alex in for a kan be healthy check up the other day and they stuck this thing in his ear and pushed the button and the lady said it went flat . but she didnt say anything about it i tried to ask her what that ment but she wouldnt explain it to me. When he was born they told me his left ear didnt test out that they thought it was gunk from birth in his ear and he would be fine so im not sure what to do i still cant get them to call me back to let me know what it all means i didnt know if you might know

mhillaryann

Asked by mhillaryann at 2:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Here's a bump. Hope somone can help you.
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• thankyou
    mhillaryann

Comment by mhillaryann (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I hope that you can get someone who know to help. Here's a bump for you. And if I were you, I wouldn't let up on the lady who tested him until she tells you exactly what she meant!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• That irritates me when they won't answer your questions. I still don't know what my son's apgar scores are and that bugs me, but I could never get an answer. Were they low?? I mean not a big deal I guess, but still. That lady should definitely explain to you what it means. Good luck!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• well right it was a confusing apointment they did his well child check up and then i had to get lab drawn get refils on perscriptions for both of us he had to get an xray to see if his collar bone was healing correctly and then after we had been in the office for 2 hours i had forgotten about it then came home to 3 kids and grumpy husband and had to go back and pick up perscriptons then now today i have tried to catch his attention and have noticed that every time i done this in the past and now i have to raise my voice at him to get his attention or catch him makes me wonder if for the last 3 years they have told me he is fine and not told me he cant hear properly.
    im really agervated and i hate to do it but if i have to i will have his medical file pulled and copied myself so i can see all the test scores
    mhillaryann

Comment by mhillaryann (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• can you take him to get his hearing checked somewhere else? Maybe by an ENT Dr
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i have to get a referal because they are concidered a specialist it took me forever to get my dr to agree to send me to a specialist to have a colonoscopy done because im at risk since my mom has 4th stage colon cancer for the 2nd time i finally had to get hateful with him and then it turned to tears. But that will be something i ask about on monday as well. well more that insist that they do for me.

Should i change drs?
    my son had rsv when he was a baby and he missed it 2 times at dr apointments then i got a phone call while i was in class saying my son was unresponsive and on his was to the hospital the dr had told me it was a cold and that he would be fine 1 and 3 days before that happened but now im sitting thinking about all the stuff that has gone wronge and been missed with both me and my children im thinking its time to find new drs.
    mhillaryann

Comment by mhillaryann (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I am not sure why they didn't talk more in detail with you! I would be calling back to get more information. That is really strange that they let you leave not fully understanding what was going on.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• well see we had also went to get the lab work and the xray done and before we got back to the room the nurse had already santized the room and cleaned it all up thinking we was gone we was the last 2 apointments of the day so i not sure but im calling on monday its just going to drive me nuts until then trying to figure out what she ment when she said that one went flat when she tested his ear
    mhillaryann

Comment by mhillaryann (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• You have a right to know what is going on with your child. I'd call them and ask them. If they couldn't give me an answer I would request a referral to an audiologist.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2010