Why are men so narrow-minded?

My husband was telling me how wrong it is that women burp and fart. I tell him it's natural, we women eat the same crap as men and it processes the same in our bodies just like it does with men. He feels it's unnatural for women to be able to do this. This isn't the first time I've heard this from a man either. It's not like I fart on purpose I try not to fart around him. He freaks if I let one out around him but yet he feels it's okay to let out his bodily gas around me and laugh his ass off when it stinks.
Does anyone else have a narrow minded man like this?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• men are pigs period, just tell him you either burp or fart or hold it in and become psycho bitch from hell!
    stef1976

Answer by stef1976 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It is society's perception that a true LADY does not burp or fart. realistically of course we do. but the PERCEPTION or BELIEF is that a polite woman doesnt do these things. Men are stil given a free pass however to be crass and nasty . LOL Honey this is simply how men have been raised to think. they are NOT any more narrow minded than women are. all you have to do is look around cafemom to see the truth in that
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Because some men were raised with such sexist view points, and they haven't been detrained yet.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My Husband would follow me around when we first met waiting for me to fart! He would notice when I would excuse myself to the bathroom, and push the door open as I farted. Now I am used to farting in front of him, for some reason he wanted me too. He says it is letting him know I am comfortable around him.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My husband has told me that as well I don't care what he think. I don't try to do it on purpose!!!!
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 3:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• All i know is one day i will be able to make mine stink as bad as my husband and when that day comes i'm standing right next to him..he seems to think it's funny to stink up the house then gets mad when I pull out his Axe body spray to cover up the smell
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• that sucks for u my i can fart and burbs around my man all i want if he dont hear me fart at least once he always ask if im regulating when it comes to pooping a bloated stomach gets in the way of sex and make people cranky
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010